This week’s guest is Allen Woods. Allen is a successful entrepreneur and Co-Founder of MORTAR in Cincinnati, OH. He and his team are creating diverse communities by helping historically marginalized entrepreneurs get access to much-needed resources so that they may build successful businesses.
Allen has the amazing goal of uplifting 1000 entrepreneurs in the next three years through the MORTAR Entrepreneurship Academy.
Join Dorothy this week as she welcomes Allen to the podcast to talk about what drew him to becoming an entrepreneur, the difficulties of raising capital, and what the future holds for his company.
In this episode we cover the following topics with Allen:
- [2:08] What Allen’s life was like growing up
- [4:15] When Allen decided to become an entrepreneur
- [5:55] The genesis of MORTAR and why it was created
- [13:53] The difficulties of raising capital
- [17:08] Attracting the first class of entrepreneurs
- [20:55] Success stories from the program
- [29:52] What the future holds for MORTAR
Where to Follow Allen:
Where to Find Dorothy:
Join the email list and have a donation made on your behalf to a featured non-profit. You can join here, where you will also find a listener survey to fill us in on how we can bring you the most value!
Follow Dorothy on Instagram @dorothyillson to keep up with episode premiers and all things Do Well and Do Good!