This week’s guest is John Mitchell. John spent 20 years as an entrepreneur earning in the low six figures when something drastic happened. He created what is today recognized as the “Top Practical Application in the World” of the legendary book Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.
When John applied his technique to his own life, he saw his income skyrocket to over $5 million a year. The 20 times difference happened because his 12 minute daily process “Think It Be It” led to him simply operating every day at a higher level than he ever had before, and naturally that change showed up in his income. The science behind his technique was profiled in a Time Magazine cover story, and now he’s here to share it with us today.
Where to follow John:
Theunfairedge.com is where you will find John’s free webinar explaining his 12 minutes a day technique.
Think It, Be It website.
In this episode we cover the following topics with Jeff:
3:00 minute: Set the stage for us, what was life like growing for you growing up and what were the beliefs about money and success instilled in you as a child?
- Learning to get to a place where he thought he deserved a great life.
4:00 minute: Tell us the story of reading Think and Grow Rich and developing this technique and becoming an entrepreneur?
- Turned 50 and wanted more; desired an exceptional life.
- Decided to pick the top personal success book and full apply what it said to his own life; that book was Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.
- “What you envision in detail on a daily basis is what shows up in your life”
- Developed a technique from the book that drove his life to new heights and now shares that with others.
9:30 minute: Dorothy shares her experience with the book and trying to apply it herself.
14:00 minute: What does this application you’ve created look like?
- Take your life and compress it down to one sheet of paper, front and back.
- Ideal you on the front page, broken into categories.
- Back page is for top three goals for quarter, and improvements you want in your life.
- Bottom we track your key behaviors of your goals.
- “Everyday you are feeding yourself exactly the person you want to be, exactly what you want to accomplish, and precisely how you are going to achieve your clearly defined goal.”
- Your subconscious accepts this after around 21 days and helps these things start showing up in your life.
17:30 minute: Could you give an example of what one of those categories look like on the front side and the goals and action steps look like on the back? Let’s take money or career for example?
- Your feeding yourself four things: succinct business plan, your strategy for success, the three things that move the needle, and the lynchpin issue that day to day brings you to the next level.
- Consistent daily readings are crucial.
20:00 minute: Are you reading this out loud every day or what does that process look like?
- Reading it everyday, parts are meant to be read out loud as that has been shown to have a significant impact.
- You do what you say you are going to do.
22:10 minute: Where does the 12 minutes come from? Is that how long it should take to read your document?
- Free webinar explains the template, find that here.
23:00 minute: I struggle to determine how far I want to push my goals, where do you feel like people should be setting their goals at?
- Three years out is his preferred time to be looking at, and then keeping actual goal setting at each quarter.
25:00 minute: What is the most common pitfalls you here from others?
- If you read it, it works.
- It’s science. The visualization is the tool we use to apply the science. We are focusing the mind.
29:00 minute: You’ve taught this to so many people, are there any stand out stories you’d like to share?
- John shares some stories of current clientele.
Where to Find Dorothy:
Join the email list and have a donation made on your behalf to a featured non-profit. You can join here, where you will also find a listener survey to fill us in on how we can bring you the most value!
Follow Dorothy on Instagram @dorothyillson to keep up with episode premiers and all things Do Well and Do Good!