This week’s guest is Steve Arneson. In 2015, Steve co-founded a real estate investment and education company called “The REINVESTORS”, that specializes in educating investors on how to build recession-proof portfolios. In less than 3 years, The REINVESTORS have partnered with investors to acquire millions in high-return real estate assets, including apartment buildings and development projects, and have educated thousands of people on how to properly invest in any real estate market.
Most recently, Steve has become an outspoken advocate for those dealing with depression, having had his own battle with it that he continues to learn and grow from today. His ability to be open and vulnerable is inspiring and has become a real tool in his entrepreneurial belt as well.
In this episode we cover the following topics with Steve:
- Childhood in Victoria, Ontario. Using sport as a release from the pain of his parent’s divorce. (3:00 minute)
- Beginnings and growth in the real estate world. (5:00 minute)
- First two real estate deals and the basics of doing it yourself. (9:30 minute)
- Battle with depression, and his reasons for sharing that battle. (19:00 minute)
- How traumatic childhood events shaped those depressed feelings and his journey towards resolving those. (22:30 minute)
- How the communication methods he has learned dealing with depression has translated to benefits as an entrepreneur. (25:00 minute)
- Learning to ask for help and the immense benefits of doing so. (28:00 minute)
- Steve’s moment on the edge and his offer to help anyone out there going through their own struggle. (32:00 minute)
Places to Find Steve:
On Instagram @steve_arneson
On LinkedIn @stevearneson
RE Investors website
RE Investors on Facebook
Where to Find Dorothy:
Visit Do Well and Do Good’s free Facebook community here and arrange a one-on-one with Dorothy herself!
Follow Dorothy on Instagram @dorothyillson to keep up with the latest Do Well & Do Good news!