Adam is an activist and entrepreneur who worked for 10 years at WebMD as Director of Strategic Marketing before starting Change Creator, a non-traditional media and education platform for conscious entrepreneurs. Change Creator has done over 100+ expert interviews from the top minds around the world reaching more than 150 countries.
Places to Find Adam:
Change Creator podcast on iTunes.
3:00 minute: What was life like for you growing up and what mindset around success and money was instilled in you when you were young?
- Money is a tool for access was the mindset
- Learned to be very in tune with his financials, being detailed and optimizing for net worth
5:30 minute: Completely agree. When I first started my agency I ignored the financials for the most part, but once I got on top of them and focused on optimizing them and giving them the time of day, I saw massive impacts.
- The financial blueprint
- Limiting beliefs
6:30 minute: Get tactical for me, what are some practical tips on how someone can implement a better budget for themselves?
- Adam’s own system for tracking his financials
8:15 minute: Take us back before Change Creator, what did you first few jobs out of college look like?
- The bad strategy most people take when leaving college
- Fired from first job after just 6 months
- Job hunted searching for the next pay raise, which ultimately led to a final stop at WebMD for ten years.
10:45 minute: What is it about you or your personality that allowed you to shake off that first job firing you and move forward to success?
- His confidence, always happy to get up when he has been knocked down
12:00 minute: You mentioned a career in wrestling playing a part in that confidence, is there a story there?
- 7th grade wrestling tournament wrestling the same huge guy two days in a row
14:20 minute: You spent a decade at WebMD, so what changed or prompted your switch to founding Change Creators?
- Activist at heart
- Had a moment of questioning during a secluded trip to Costa Rica
- This wasn’t the version of himself that he was meant to be
- Straddled both worlds for a few years
16:00 minute: How was the idea for Change Creators originally born then?
- At some point he had to do something
- Felt like the brand he came up with was really him
17:50 minute: Why is social entrepreneurship so important in today’s world?
- The role of business in today’s world is changing
- Competitive business vs impact business
- Example of both types and the cultures they breed
20:30 minute: Do you believe that doing good has to come at the expense of achieving individual financial freedom?
- Good vs good on a holistic scale
22:00 minute: Dorothy’s thoughts in agreement
23:50 minute: What does Change Creator look like today, explain a little to us.
- Out to change status quo
- The interviews they do for his podcast
- Magazine / app
- Courses and programming coming soon
27:00 minute: Who has been the most impactful person in your journey to do well and achieve financial success?
- His immediate family
- His yet-to-be-born child. Protect what we have and make it work for the future.
28:10 minute: Who has been the most impactful person in feeding your drive to do good and make an impact?
- A bit of the same. Focus on the long term results and impact
28:50 minute: When you’re having a bad day, what do you do to get yourself out of the funk? Do you have any sort of regular personal development practice?
- Read, meditate, and run
29:10 minute: What book do you find yourself recommending to people most often?
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker
- Overview of the book
30:00 minute: What is the best piece of advice related to happiness that you’d give to my listeners?
- Explore and look for what you are passionate about and figure out how to make it your whole life purpose
- Play for something bigger than yourself, you’ll find fulfillment.
Do Well & Do Good Challenge Nominee:
We believe water is the way. To break the cycle of poverty. To protect and save lives. To make a bright future possible for all.
Access to safe water can protect and save lives, just because it’s there. Access to safe water has the power to turn time spent into time saved, when it’s close and not hours away. Access to safe water can turn problems into potential: unlocking education, economic prosperity, and improved health.
Every human being deserves to define their own future, and water makes that possible. We’ve transformed more than 17 million lives with access to safe water and sanitation, and together we can reach even more people.
Where to Find Dorothy:
Visit Do Well and Do Good’s free Facebook community here and arrange a one-on-one with Dorothy herself!
Follow Dorothy on Instagram @dorothyillson to keep up with the latest Do Well & Do Good news!