It’s the last full week of 2018, but before the ball drops on the year and we usher in 2019, it’s important that your resolutions for the coming months are not only positive but actionable. Since a lot of New Year’s resolutions tend to be lofty and require more determination and consistency than we estimate, many people fall off their goals by the time February comes along.
So with a little help from her client Tyson Zahner, this minisode contains five principles you can use to keep your resolutions manageable and on track going into 2019.
- The two prerequisites Dorothy believes every achievable goal needs.
- Aspirations vs. goals and why you should aim for the latter.
- The importance of taking full responsibility for your situation and capacity to improve.
- Why action-based goals increase your chances of success compared to results-based goals.
- The “snowball effect” of gradual progress.
- Accommodating for setbacks and recognizing that they don’t mean failure.
- Dorothy’s own goals for 2019 and her promise to be your accountability partner.
- How you can prepare for longer-term goals that you may not be able to complete in 2019.
If you would like Dorothy to hold you accountable for your 2019 resolutions, Dorothy invites you to DM her on Instagram @dorothyillson!